LEARNING FOR ALL: UNIVERSAL AND EQUITY- CENTERED DESIGN
Are you a leader or change-maker seeking to integrate Equity-centred guiding principles into your learning practices?
As workplaces become more inclusive and welcoming environments for diverse employees, our learning tools and practices need to be representative and universally designed. The goal is to create learning spaces and resources so ALL learners can benefit. This half-day synchronous online session will introduce you to Equity-centred guiding principles that bring together Universal Design for Learning (UDL), and culturally responsive/relevant approaches.
As leaders and change makers in increasingly diverse workplaces, we need to ensure our learning environments, resources, and approaches reflect, include, and benefit all learners. In this highly interactive session, we will:
- Explore equity-centred learning principles for learning design and implementation that bring together Universal Design for Learning (UDL), and culturally responsive/relevant approaches.
- Use an equity-centred assessment tool to help you understand the strengths and gaps of your current inclusion practices.
- Explore promising practices for integrating equity-centred learning principles into learning design and delivery.
- Apply equity-centred principles to case studies focused on self-paced, synchronous, and blended learning approaches in-person and online.
- Increase your confidence to integrate equity-centred learning approaches.
- Network and explore promising practices with peers.
Facilitators, Corrie Melanson and Shannon Gumbs will support you in integrating equity-centred learning principles into your context.
Learning for All: Universal and Equity-Centered Design
DATES: Wednesday, November 30th
TIME: 12:30-3:30pm EST
INVESTMENT: $297.00 CAD
Our facilitator trainings are relational, reflective, and relevant to your professional and personal life. Through our unique blended approach to transformative learning, you will:
• Complete short pre-work online (in the form of videos, visuals, and short text)
• Participate in a half day virtual session, facilitated live by two leaders
• Learn with peers and get feedback
• Deepen your skills and knowledge with a toolkit of resources
We offer early bird rates (15% off) until Oct 30, 2022. Use code EARLYBIRD at checkout.
For groups rates (25% off for 3+ people), non-profit rates and a sliding scale for Black, Indigenous, and Racialized participants contact us.
The Learning for All training combines short and engaging pre-work so the synchronous session can be as engaging and impactful as possible. The session includes real scenarios, reflection, discussion, and evidenced-based promising practices for an accelerated learning experience. A learn more toolkit will help extend your learning and access to resources after the session.
This training ideal for leaders and change makers at all levels of your organization. Please contact us if you want to offer this training to your organization.
- Creates opportunities for multiple perspectives and belief systems by interrupting and challenging inequitable practices
- Increases engagement among learners by helping them feel connected to learning that honours their stories, experiences, backgrounds; and ways of knowing
- Builds safer, more inclusive learning environments where all learners feel a sense of belonging and collective responsibility
- Influences and enhances positive outcomes and opportunities for learners
*For your convenience, all live group sessions are recorded.